Saturday, December 02, 2006

Inspired by the madness of Julie Powell

Inspired by the madness of Julie Powell and her Julie/Julia project, along with my own continuing unemployment (or underemployment as I like to call it), I have decided to do my own project this December. But it will have less of the madness and far more in the way of butter and sugar (well, it sounds like the butter was one of the main ingredients for all french cooking -- so lets just say for sure more sugar!). It is a "Twelve Days of Cookies " project! Simply put, in December, I will bake 12 different types of cookies before Christmas (i.e. 12 batches of cookies in 24 days). It is fairly easily attainable, yet its quite a bit more baking that I am accustomed to, so it will stretch me a bit. It may also stretch my waistline, but that is another story (I do know the dishwasher can handle cleaning the bowl by itself, but hey, I like to help!). Another bonus is that my project will tie in to the cookie exchange we are doing for this month's cooking club.

In order not to crowd our blogspace, I am posting about the project here.

Happy holiday and happy baking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home